Sunday, 28 January 2018

Building walls

I'm loving watching the YouTube videos from Marta "Maremi's Small Art" I was inspired to play after watching her latest video. DIY Brick Wall Effect

Here are my results.

Last week I had already had an idea for creating the look of a dry stone wall using an egg box, glue and acrylic paint.

The bottom two were created using a card egg box for the bumpy internal texture to replicate the stone and the irregular shapes of the lighter one were created by tearing out random pieces of the box as opposed to using scissors as I did in the one next to this.

The top two brick walls were inspired by Marta's video.

Take a look at her channel if you haven't yet discovered her videos.
You are in for a treat. I'm sure you'll love them and be inspired by her cheery teaching style

Thanks for visiting.
Love and hugs
Alexandra xx

Wednesday, 13 December 2017

Merry Christmas

 I wanted to wish you all a Happy Christmas and good health and happiness in the New Year.

I also made  this card to wish the residents and staff of Erskine a very Merry Christmas.

For those who don't know, Erskine is a facility in Erskine, Scotland, that provides long term medical care for veterans of the British Armed Forces.

Have a wonderful time.

Love & hugs
Alexandra xx

Sunday, 3 December 2017

Sympathy cards

A difficult time for anyone is losing a loved one. I've sadly had the need to make a few sympathy cards

This one is gently coloured with Forrest Moss distress ink. I made this card using an embossing folder and embellished it with a small cross.

These two sympathy cards are similar, using almost the same.

Quick, C&S cards.
Thanks for dropping by, let me know what you think.
I've a few more projects  I created that I'll share soon.


Wednesday, 29 November 2017

I'm still here and crafting again.

I haven't been around much lately, sorry. My old dad has had a lot of health issues in the past few years so my priorities have been with him while he needed so much help and support. Sadly I lost dad at the end of July. My heart was broken and I haven't been into creating for a long, long time. However I am determined to get back on the proverbial horse, and seriously look for my mojo. 

I wanted to share a card I finished making today and small up-cycled jam jar to package a wee gift of some sweets for a work colleague who is starting a new job. 

The wee heart dangler here, 
I made a while ago (Feb /March 2014) using home made paper clay and silicone moulds. I used a light weight wall filler instead of joint compound which I wasn't sure about here in UK. I made a huge lump of clay at the time and had fun playing with this. Check out this post from my blog archives,
You can find the recipe on the website of Jonni Good if you want it here;

I have a few more things I have created but never posted yet and I'll be back to share them with you soon.

Thanks for popping by.
Alexandra xx

Monday, 13 March 2017

Civil wedding card

Hi, I'm back again, it's been a while, but it's nice to be here again.

Life sometimes gets so busy I forget to keep this sad little blog going. However I have managed to squeeze in a bit of creativity occasionally.

I have a few photos of projects and things I have made since my last post.

Last summer I was asked to make a special card for a friend's brothers wedding.

Here is the card I created.

This was the first civil wedding card I've made, I created it mainly using dies and paper folding.

Thanks again for visiting and feel free to leave a comment if you want.
I appreciate hearing what you think. TTFN

Alexandra x

Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Puppy's first birthday

Amber turned 1 year old this month. She's getting so big now, taller than Amy.

This is our two gorgeous girls on the morning after Ambers birthday.
 (Amber is in the front)
She got lots of treats and toys and I made her this wee birthday card.

Thanks for dropping by

love Alexandra

Friday, 8 July 2016

Back to crafting, and Say "Hello" to our new addition to the family.

I started this blog as an incentive to make art more regularly. I've been going off topic with things life has thrown me over last few years, so I thought I'd share a few things I have been creating.

The latest make was a card for my daughter's birthday, she loves owls.

 ....we're not out of the woods yet, I made another woodland creature card. A special request from someone for a fox card for a special granddaughters birthday.

and last but not least, I wanted to share my latest news;
As I mentioned in my last post, our lovely Labrador Amy was never on her own, she always had Piper for company. We wanted Amy to have another doggy playmate, so we got a new baby labrador puppy dog in December.

Meet Amber;

  Is this not the face of mischief? 
This photo was taken on 23rd January age 3 1/2 months old.

                                       This baby photo was taken in December.

She has kept us busy with training, keeping her out of trouble, playtime and entertainment, hers and ours.
We called her Amber because of her beautiful, soft strawberry blonde colouring especially around her ears and back. I love her ears, they're so silky, velvety soft!
Amber wanted to chew everything and everybody  from day one.
Amy, though initially frightened of our new "land shark", has been very good and extremely patient with our new excitable, sometimes naughty puppy.
Thankfully this exploratory biting phase has passed and they get on great now, only soft play biting when they are carrying on and playing, though Amber thinks all the toys are hers.
Amy gives up her ball whenever Amber wants it,  so Amy picks up a different toy then that's the one Amber wants. Poor Amy, she's such an angel, so gentle, generous and good.

This is Amber at around 6 months old.

Amber (now almost 9 months old) and Amy waiting patiently on a treat.

These last two photos were taken a couple of days ago.
Thanks for visiting
Alexandra xx