Sunday 8 April 2018

Birthday pup

Hello and welcome.
I wanted to share a card I made for our lovely older lab, Amy.
Happy Birthday wishes for my gorgeous Labrador "puppy" who is 13 years old this week.
I made her this card creating a Distress Oxide inky background with added doodling inspired by Marta Łapkowska's, #Maremi's small art video

I stamped, then coloured the yellow lab using watercolour but she ended up too dark, so I toned the colour down with white Prima water soluble pastels, she still wasn't light enough so I blended over again with dry art pastels and set colour with spray fixitive. I then went over the outline again with a black pen as colouring had covered the outline. Next I doodled around the smooshed inky background with a black pen to create trees and some vegetation to make a park or a nice place for her walk. Of course I had to bring with her, her ball and chew bone, and then stamped the sentiments with black archival ink. I added shading and then lastly, I doodled a wavy frame with the black pen around each panel to finish it off.

Thanks for popping by and welcome.
If you want, leave me a comment, I'd love to know what you think.

Alexandra xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting here. I hope you enjoy your visit.
I love hearing from you, and your comments are much appreciated.